Re: Two bugs?

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Wed, 13 Nov
2002 15:43:48 -0500

Harry:

> 1. It finds the text if I put on the cm line "run t.pgm"
> (without quotes of course), put the cursor at the top of the
> text to be searched (top of file in my test), then hit F9 to
> eXeCute t.pgm.
>
> 2. I reports "Not found" if if put my cursor at the top of the
> text to be searched, go to the cm line, type "run t.pgm"
> (without quotes) and hit ENTER.
>
> Baffling.

Yes, I can replicate that. Same result if the CrLf appears in the
SEarch statement in specie, i.e.:

XPLeNCODE v2.0
b-gin [UNTITLED]
[BX_]se /issue.[cr|lf][cr|lf]/[Q2_]{<}EX{>}[cr|lf][cr|lf]
-nd
XPLeNCODE

Baffling, indeed. To add to the bafflement, if one puts a third
CrLf after "issue.", and adds a third CrLf to the SEarch statement,
thus...

XPLeNCODE v2.0
b-gin [UNTITLED]
[BX_]se /issue.[cr|lf][cr|lf][cr|lf]/[Q2_]{<}EX{>}[cr|lf][cr|
lf]
-nd
XPLeNCODE

..then both F9 (func XC) and Enter produce "Not found"! Same
result if the SEarch is run via a U2 frame. (No such bug in
analogous SEarches for multiple Ascii-13's or Ascii-10's, however.)

It appears, then, that the CrLf wildcard...

XPLeNCODE v2.0
b-gin [UNTITLED]
[BX_]se /[wC][wC]/[Q2_]
-nd
XPLeNCODE

..is mandatory when searching for multiple CrLfs.

Thanks, Harry, for pointing this out.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx