Re: Windows NT (OFF-TOPIC)

Nathan, you wonder whether to upgrade to Windows NT. This seems an
extraordinary time to ask, especially for you. Unless, of course, you mean
NT5, aka 2000. This is widely available and it's multilingual. With the
US version, you'll be able to use Chinese and Taiwanese (and Farsi, Arabic,
etc.) software. Win2000 is widely available. Even legally: here in Japan
Microsoft are even giving it away: copies -- which will only run for 444
days (no doubt adjusted from 666) -- are on CDs stuck on the front cover of
a magazine sold in station kiosks.

But I wouldn't (up)grade to 2000 till you have good reason to think that
your hardware is designed for it, or the other way around (the respective
companies' websites should tell you).

>After putting up with Win95 for several years, I am
>fed up with the endless crashes. . . . If there is
>not a reason to change [to NT], I will stick with
>Win95 OSR2, which has the advantages of Win98 without
>the bugs. . . .

Since I don't experience endless crashes with Win98, it's at least
imaginable that 98 isn't quite as awful as 95 OSR2 -- and indeed this does
seem to be the majority opinion, even after we've excluded Microsoft and
all the people in its pay.

Peter Evans