RE: Xy4 Setup

Sir Robert Holmgren:

>beep), have the case rules obeyed, and have the rare "SIe" flagged
>(beep) for manual intervention. After all, how often do you type "SHe" or
>HEr"?

Very, very often. This is one of my most frequent typos, and
the sticky finger seems common enough for Mickysoft Wurgh to include
a correction feature for it. At least I'd like to rig up a manual
correction in .spl for those words where it happens most frequently.
NB, the beep doesn't bother me; the typo does.

>However this may have worked in early versions of Xy3+, it seems
>compromised by the fact that v3.55 introduced some fairly indispensable
>new features to 3+, but also did away with Auto-Correct/Replace. Which,
>to me, makes any argument for Xy3+ completely academic.

What indispensable features are those? I bought v3.55, found that it
had been castrated, and went back to my pirate copy of v3.52.
v3.55 has been sitting on the shelf ever since. What features am
I missing?

--Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
--This week somewhere: The dog wags the Senate.