OT: Reply to Patricia, medical monitors

Note to Patricia,
Have you ever thought of using a professional medical monitor instead of the monitors mere mortals get with standard pcs? They are much bigger and offer vastly better screen resolution and contrast control. My wife, being a radiologist, spends 10 hours a day scrutinizing CT and MR images on such things. Radiology stations also often have vertical monitors (rather than the conventional landscape monitor) which is better suited for page layouts. Medical monitors are expensive, but last longer (I vaguely recall a debate we once had about why companies don't make light bulbs to last ten years...).