Re: OT: End Note ?

** Reply to message from "M.W. Poirier"
 on Mon, 27 Aug 2007 07:07:57 -0400
(EDT)

> If what you want in a citation programme and you are
>  using XYWrite 4.018, then...

What exactly does Ibidem do -- what's the special part?
Maintain a master bibliography? Superficially, it sounds (from
Maben's description) like an elementary database. Is there some
clever intelligence in these programs? Can they do op.cits and
loc.cits? Do they somehow "know" which page number in which
bibliographical entry you're citing? Do they store whole text
passages from cited books (don't really know why they would do
that!)?

>From Maben's description, it seems to me that it would be almost
trivial to develop a dedicated Ibid handler in XyWrite. Perhaps
using FISHOUT's concepts as a starting point... ?

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx