Re: Wireless access (off topic)

** Reply to message from J R FOX  on Tue, 1 Nov 2005
13:15:20 -0800 (PST)

> > FYI, WEP is full of holes too.
>
> Please elaborate. And the other wireless security
> standards ?

Last time I checked, dweputils and AirSnort could crack WEP keys with ease. Do
some research. Huge topic, many sources. Search for
"Wired Equivalent Privacy" and "vulnerabilities". For a general intro to
intrusion (and detection), if you really want to scare yourself, see... this
for example:

http://www.mobrien.com/intruders.shtml#intru-1.3

But let's not go overboard. For one thing, you're the intruder, not the
target. For another, you're just fetching your Email and disconnecting. I
don't see this as a big deal. But don't take my word for it.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx