Re: Autosave [was Switches]

For those brave or foolhardy enough to use the Menu/Dialog system in Xy4DOS or Xy4Win, there's a way to capture information about all open files (name, view, location, cursor position, save/gets, etc.), save (or save and close) the files and give a "Session" name to the whole shebang. Say you've got 4 files open about the Forbusher Account. You run this routine, name it "forbush", and exit XyWrite. Next time, you restore the "forbush" session and everything comes back exactly as you left it. If you have any Untitled files open when you save the session, you will be prompted to name it or abandon it. Look for this feature on the File pull-down menu.

As I noted, you can close the files or keep them open. If you keep them open, you can continue working but be assured that you've just taken a snapshot of your entire session.

I wrote a similar set of routines for XyIII+ when I was a third-party supplier to XyWrite. They were the genesis of the stuff I put into Xy4.

Tim Baehr