XY in DosBox (XP)

1. On a T41 Thinkpad with XP Pro, trying to run XyDos in a DosBox I get two
cursors, one normal (set to a block and non-blinking) and another that
blinks and stays on the command line. I have removed the KS default from
settings.dfl. Changing fonts from Raster to Lucinda Console makes no
difference and in the *options* tab changing the size of the cursor only
enlarges or shrinks the size of the second cursor -- as I'm calling it --
on the command line.

This does not happen in full-screen XY.
2. Setting the properties in the pif (shortcut) and in the properties menu (right-click in title bar of open dos box) are obviously different. While I was trying to backtrack to solve problem 1 above, I noticed that even when you delete your pif shortcut and start over, the settings in the properties menu in the dos box stay the same. Question: where are the settings for ntvdm.exe stored and how to I wipe them out and start over?

Thank you.
Michael Norman