From: "Carl Distefano"
To: "XyWrite List"
Sent: Saturday, June 04, 2005 5:56 PM
Subject: Re: file size limitations/out of memory error msg

Reply to note from "F.Barrau"  Sat, 4 Jun 2005
03:33:23 -0300

> In my slow sistem (400Mhz), 2700 files in several levels, it
> takes 3.07 seconds to do the huge archive (150k). Adding DX and
> DO FF, only 1.88 seconds.

I had this vague recollection that freezing the display had some
side effects in III+. But if DX does no harm, let's go with it.
(See revised BIGDIR.PM, attached.)

> 1) why do you use BC WAIT

Pascal's wager. Can't hurt, might help. Probably does nothing.
Omitted in the attached revision.

> 2) What's the efect of the MR command

Do you mean ME? That's the critical operation here. It MErges the
output of the DIR command (executed in DOS) into the now-empty
XyWrite directory window.

Try this version, please, and let me know what you find. Thanks for
your comments, Francisco.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx