Re: Border padding is now supported in vDos-lfn

Wengier,

Since the misty regions of the 1980s, I have set my LM (left margin) to be
2, to give that padding. The padding you've added to vDos-lfn goes in all
directions, putting a particularly disconcerting padding at the top, and
using up (I assume) space at the right.

An advantage of LM 2 is that it makes it visually clear when one is in
eXPanded mode, because that eliminates any LM.

Regards,
Harry

Hi all, Per request by Robert J. Sawyer, I have further enhanced the border padding feature to add the ability to specify a color setting for it in the latest vDos-lfn build (build 2016.09.02). Now the PADDING directive (initially named BORDER) accepts an optional second argument which is the padding color (0-15, default is 0 or black). For example: PADDING = 50,1 Hope it will be useful. Wengier On Thursday, September 1, 2016 7:27 PM, Wengier W wrote: In original vDos and earlier versions of vDos-lfn, the first character in each line of the screen starts exactly at the window border, and apparently there are people who dislike this. So I just added the feature to set border or edge padding in the text-mode vDos-lfn window in the latest build of vDos-lfn (i.e. build 2016.09.01). Now you can change the border padding via the BORDER directive in config.txt, e.g. BORDER=20. Hope this will be useful. As always, the download address for the latest ZIP package of the 2015.11.01 branch of vDos-lfn is at the URL: http://individual.utoronto.ca/wengier/old/vdos-lfn-201511.zip Wengier