Re: Postscript printing, wrong margins

Reply to note from "John Paines"
(Redacted sender "vf200" for DMARC) Sat, 3 Sep 2016 13:01:23 +0000
(UTC)

John,

> this question remains a matter of interest.

My recent experience may or may not be relevant to your situation
(probably not).

A few days ago I mysteriously lost formatting in PostScript and PCL
printing in Xy4. I was loading STANDARD.PRN at startup, and loading the
PS or PCL driver only when I needed it for printing. I discovered that
that loading sequence, STANDARD.PRN followed by either POSTGHST.PR4 or
PCL.PR4, was what caused the loss of formatting. I didn't analyze the
situation closely, but apparently there are incompatible settings in
STANDARD.PRN that are not overwritten when the other printer files are
loaded. If I load no printer file (or an empty printer file) at
startup, there is no issue with formatting when I later load the PS or
PCL driver.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx