Re: Netscape

Re David Auerbach's disapproval of the Netscape mail client, I don't
agree it is lousy. I use it intensively for personal email and for
managing 7 Internet lists, and it does everything I need to do, and does
it in a reasonably intuitive way. It does have a couple of bugs: you can
save a file from the menu, but saving it with crtl-S doesn't work, and
sometimes you can't move the cursor backward a word at a time with
ctrl-left-arrow. Not very serious. I can't speak for David's settings,
but--without resetting the defaults on mine--when I click on a URL the
browser automatically takes me there, and appended mail messages are not
subjected to HTML markup.

I would suggest as we pool our experiences, it would be helpful, when
evaluating a given client, to mention the one that we are using instead.

Cheers,
--
Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science