Re: OS/2 And Procomm

Carl, I think your problem has to do with trying to use Com4. OS/2 is VERY VERY
VERY fussy about hardware conflicts, and in particular is very unforgiving
about access to serial ports. On my computer at home, I had my FaxModem set to
COM3, since I had built-in serial ports as COM1 and COM2. I got exactly the
same response you did with Procomm: the modem would fail to initialize when
launching Procomm. The problem, apparently, is that under DOS COM4 is patched
into the COM2 I/O port; this sort of twiddling is a BIG no-no under OS/2. My
solution was to reconfigure the BIOS to disable the on-board COM ports (they're
not used) and to set the FaxModem up as COM1. There are other solutions
available for this problem, which you can probably track down in OS/2
unleashed. I don't have the info in front of me, but I think you can tweak
with config.sys to allow access to COM4.

Good luck!

Steve