Re: I need a new desktop computer -- Recommendations?

Thanks, Kari.

   Jordan

From: Kari Eveli
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2014 12:33 AM
Subject: Re: I need a new desktop computer -- Recommendations?

Jordan,

You can have both installed, but do not try to run two
(hardware-enabled) virtualization solutions at the same time. I would
suggest that you try to setup W2K in VMware or VirtualBox, whichever you
prefer. Both handle this well. And this setup is snappy, needs no
activation, and is easily portable to newer (Win 8) or other platforms
(Mac or Linux).

I have three virtualization programs installed, namely VirtualPc 2007
for DOS/Win 3.1 and VirtualBox for W2K and VMware for XP mode (VMware
even handles activation). I can run VirtualPc 2007 (not
hardware-enabled) and one of the others (both hardware-enabled) at the
same time without problems.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)