Re: Valid SL values

Flash
I have additional settings in STARTUP.INT. I use a program called vga.com to set a different full-screen DOS screen font. In this case I use a font called sansmall.f14 which is one of the fonts which comes with the utility. There are a range so you can experiment with the one that suits you best. I have found that I have do the following, in startup.int.

default sl=28
cd to directory containing vga.com
run vga.com to load the appropriate font.
The order seems to affect whether it works or not, but it is a long time now since I set it up so I can't remember what affects what.
An alternative, which I think also works, is to use a little utility
called FONTHT.COM. This simply changes the size of the screen font. I
think 14 is right for a 28 line screen (see help file for configuration
details).
vga.com comes in a package called FPMAN220.ZIP which is freely available
on the web. FONTHT.ZIP is attached.

Paul

flash wrote:
Paul Breeze: ≪I run XY3 and XY4 under Windows 2000 with 28 lines.≫

Indeed, I would like to, too, but my Xy4 window displays only 25 lines
(though the window is larger). My Xy3 window displays, as expected, the
extra lines.

Have you set something else in Xy4 settingsl.dfl other than the
SL= which affects this?