Re: U2 glitches

> > Is commanding ABort enough to save and store this change?
>
> Good God, Judith. I think that question deserves some kind of award,
> worst of the year or something. How -- in plain language -- can aborting
> anything save or store it? Don't you have a manual? RTFM!!!
> Specifically, the sections on the commands ABORT, SAVE, and STORE.
> It's an imposition to ask us to replace the manual, surely you realize
> that. The answer is a resounding NO. SAving or SToring saves and/or
> stores. ABorting "gets rid of" any changes you might have made (since the
> last SAve), and removes the file from the window. If you know NOTHING else about XyWrite, in order to be able to use it at even the most minimal
> level, you need to know what these three commands do.

Yoohoo! I just started trying out U2 five days ago, and only
learned after I posted that question that .inf is a plain
text file, "like a letter to your mother." I learned a long
time ago that if you don't know the nature of a file you
could lose it by using ST. The way out of Index  is
ABort. I figured I'd better ask.

Let me know when you are ready to ship the award and I'll
send you my address offlist. I'm really proud that I had the
guts to post enough dumb questions to a group like this to
get my U2 up and running. I didn't have the guts a year ago,
so an earlier U2 sat on my computer doing nothing. Now
*that* really deserves the "worst of year" award.

> On my laptop, 104 is the special "Fn" key plus the "{ [" key.

This is good to know.

Scan  gives me 26 for both [ and Fn+[ and it gives
me 538 for both { (shift+[) and Fn+{ (Fn+shft+[). Adding Fn
doesn't seem to make any difference. But then again, I've
commented out 104 in my .kbd.

> > I just realized that my uncombined factory Alts have been
> > giving me all along the same results as unshifted
> > F10--access to drop-down help boxes.
>
> You only just noticed that they've been dropping down? And F10 does the
> same thing? Then why are you putting the Helpkey on unshifted F10, if it
> conflicts with a built-in W98 operation?

Because I have two unshifted alt keys and one unshifted F10
that all do the same thing? Because it turns out that
reassigning a spare alt is not the way to go? Because I
hever use F10? Because I'm going for another award?

But enough. I have to leave things where they are right now
and go earn a living.

Thanks to all.

Judith Davidsen