File begin, end indicators

I found the VA commands: VA $FB returns a 1 if cursor is at file beginning, 0
(zero) if it isn't. VA $FE does the same for file end. May come in handy for
some XPL applications. The command itself forces the cursor out of the command
line and into the text area. If you want to test it from the command line,
don't forget the /NV, as in VA/NV $FE.

I have a complete set of VA commands -- some undocumented, some obsolete, some
XyW-only -- that one of our Xyquestrians compiled back in the Signature days.
Some of them are also defaults that can be set with the df command.

Example of a lesser-known one: VA |nnnn. The | is a piping symbol, and the
nnnn is the number of any Save/Get. It's a slightly faster version of VA@SIZ,
and it gives the size of a Save/Get. It returns 65535 if the S/G is
uninitialized and 0 if it exists but has no contents.

I am willing to post the files (2 files, 3-column table, nearly 100,000
bytes), but only if I get explict permission from TTG to do so (since they
were never made public that I know of and are therefore TTG's property). My
memory is hazy: I may have gone through this exercise before, and the files
may already be in our archives. But I recall that I never heard from TTG and I
let the matter drop.

Nathan, if VA.WIN and VA2.WIN are in the archive, or if there are files by
other names that have all the VA commands, you might refresh our memories. If
no such file seems to be available, I'll await word from TTG for permission to
post them.

Tim Baehr