Re: XY-Write under DOS/Windows & Inferior/superior(2)

frankh@xxxxxxxx writes:

> I write and edit for a living. What must I do with MS Turd 7.0 which takes
> 30 seconds to load an ASCII file?
>
> Frank

Amen from the mountains of West Virginia, Frank!

I struggle without purpose daily with Word 2000, which my newspaper's
techno-weenies selected as our word processor as they bumped XyWrite out the
door. I struggled gleefully to learn XyWrite long ago, and did so because my
effort to learn more was always rewarded with increasing functionality.

The task doesn't look the same to programmers as it does to writers. They
think their jobs are easier, so it matters little to them that ours is more
difficult. When we all begin to see through the faddishness of high
technology, we'll begin to look harder at how well our tools suit their
intended purpose.

Jeff