Re: Xy as database handler? - Free Xy source!

>Tried that years ago. Had no interactive mode (as dBase does):
one had to write a program and run it to see if it did what one
wanted, rather than trying out commands directly to see which
ones to incorporate in the PM.

Clipper Summer '87 is an excellent programmer's solution. Its text handling functions are all you
need and they are relatively easy to master. I have found the DOS Brief editor to be the best
companion to the Clipper compiler. Write a simple batch file to automate the edit-compile-test
cycle, and you are done. These tools can be found at abandonware sites at no cost. Must say I have
paid top dollar for them and never regretted the expense.

>Actually, there was an "XyBase" or something that was supposed to
do that. I found a flyer from XyQuest, touting that and other Xy
add-ons, a few months ago, but whether I saved it or tossed it I
cannot recall.

Never heard of this before. Was is totally vaporware or is there any trace of this anywhere?

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx