Re: Command-line in Windows and Xywrite comparisons

" >Still, the prospect of 75% of my new hardware horsepower getting soaked up
" >as OS overhead irritates me, and the thought of actually going to a SLP
" >(stupid little pictures) interface sickens me. Hearing from others of a
" >curmudgeonly bent who've graduated from DOS is a source of comfort and
" >inspiration.
" >So I say rehash away
" >Dan De Hainaut " >Young_DeHainaut@xxxxxxxx
"
" Maybe time for a little plug? As somebody who dislikes SLP user interfaces
" as intensely as anyone, I was delighted to discover "Take Command". If you
" have to change to Windoze, it will make the transition much more palatable.
"
" --Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
--------
	For those who haven't seen Take Command here is a
	brief description of its OS/2 insubstantion (Windows flavour also)

quote:
Take Command for OS/2 2.00 - New! (July
1997) release of JP Software's GUI command
processor for OS/2. A true OS/2 Presentation
Manager app. Offers command enhancements,
over 50 new commands, dozens of powerful
batch file features, and many other unique
command line tools. 4OS2 and 4DOS-
compatible, dozens of new PM-related features
as well. Shareware, $69.95 full
registration. 07-30-97 release B (109).
--------