download and install

Is there someone out there who can guide me, in plain English, through downloading and installing XyWrite III+ on a Dell Dimension 2400 with Windows XP and dell printer, computer? I tried the download from xywwweb, and someone else must have had the same problems with Windows not allowing access to the C drive and not being able to "read" XyWrite. There may be a better version of XyWrite, but since I have a manual it seems sensible to stick with III+. I will not understand technical language like that featured in most messages in the group. That doesn't mean I'm dumb.