Re: Windoze questions

My experience has been with XyWin 4.11, not the latest version or
update that is about to come out. I found that the program
wasn't as good in the Windows environment as I was used to with
XyWrite 4.0 in DOS. Not ready for prime time, you might say. I
had some incompatability problems with Windows printer drivers,
and with some utility programs like Norton Desktop v. 3.0. On
the plus side, you can operate XyWin with menus or from the good
old command line, which is not true of other Windows WPs. As
with all Windows applications, operations are slower than they
are in DOS and the graphic interface takes some getting used to.
I hope TTG keeps plugging away at the product.

Matt Clark

On Wed, 1 Feb 1995, James D. Besser wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Feb 1995, Matt Clark wrote:
> > > If you're thinking of switching away from XyWrite for
Windows, you might > > want to consider Word. I am one of
several people who made the switch, > > with regret, and still
hope that XyWin shapes up into a competetive > > program. But
Word 6.0 is quite a good program; I should add that I've had > >
no experience with WP.
> > What were your experiences with XY-Win? I'vew never used a
Windoze word > processor--just Xy/DOS for several versions. Is
Xy-Win far b ehind WFW > and WP/Win in terms of reliability and
features?