Re: Version 4.12 order

Sorry! I should have been more specific. Although I am still
smarting from being cheated by the NOTA BENE people in New York,
I have no reason whatever to doubt the honesty of TG, and that
was not my point.

My point was that it is a lousy idea to let companies keep your
credit card number on file, because sooner or later it is likely
to fall into the hands of a temporary employee who may decide a
year later to increase his income and get revenge simultaneously.
 Something like that is, need I say, just about impossible to
trace. Most of the companies I deal with do not store credit
card numbers, and I don't do business knowingly with those that
do. You may notice that the big mail-order companies who have
your address on the screen as soon as they pick up the phone
still have to ask for a credit card number.

-- Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science
University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia PA 19104-3325