Re: Reverse-order printing [Was: Printers/XyWrite 3+/OS2 v

I searched the III+ manual several times before writing to >the list. There is no mention of reverse and apparently no >/rv argument. I tried ``ty /rv filename,'' and hit Enter. It >says ``file not found /rv'' as if ``/rv'' was the name of >the file I wanted to print. It's not available in Xy 3.55, so probably not in any version of Xy3+ In Xy4, you do NOT want a space between the command and the switch. So, it should be "ty/rv filename" not "ty /rv filename" > >Anticipating there might not be any other solution, would it >be possible for me to still do all of my work in XY3+, then >use XY4DOS just to print? I assume I could keep the margins, >page lengths, font, printer table, etc. exactly the same >without too much hassle, other than the need to switch for >printing? Yes. Probably no hassle, other than changing the printer table assignment to a ≪UF...≫ which could easily be done with the search and replace function. But may I suggest the following XPL pgm? BF {SX01,{VA$PG}}{LB-A}{IF{PV01}<1}{ex}{EI}BC ty ,{PV01}XC {SX01,{PV01}-1}{GL-A} It works fine on my Xy3+ v. 3.55. It prints whatever file is on the screen. You say you don't know XPL, so here's how. 1. Make a file called revprint.pgm 2. type in the above sequence, with the following translations: The "{" character and the "}" character represent the guillemet characters you get by hitting control-< and control-> respectively, which look sort of like "≪" and "≫". The "BF " is what you get by going to the command line and typing PFUNC BF . It will appear in boldface with what looks like a space afterwards (it isn't actually a space and don't enter a space there). Same for the BC and the XC. Don't put any carriage returns in anywhere (there can be one at the very end, but it's not needed). 3. Save the file, revprint.pgm 4. To use it, go to the command line and type: run revprint.pgm . You can assign it to a key in your .kbd file, if you know how to do that. There might be a problem with long files that the pgm runs too quickly for the printer to catch up. If so, there's a WAIT command that will have to be added in, but let's hope that's unnecessary. Here's what the pgm means: BF - go to the bottom of the file {SX01,{VA$PG}} - store the page number of the bottom of the file in variable 01 {LB-A} - a label indicating the start of a loop {IF{PV01}<1}{ex}{EI} - if variable 01 is less than one, stop BC ty ,{PV01}XC - goes to the command line and tells it to type the page stored in 01 {SX01,{PV01}-1} - decrease the variable in 01 by 1 (to get the preceding page number) {GL-A} - loop back to {LB-A} above, which it will continue to do until the page to print is 0 Regards, Harry Binswanger hb@xxxxxxxx