AutoReplace Need HELP

I cannot get auto-correct auto-replace to work in Xy4 or XyWin
the same way it does in Xy3+. We publish a journal using XyWrite
to edit and typeset. One of the main jobs is to replace American
and English spelling with Australian. To do this, we have
created a personal Aus spelling dictionary which replaces, for
instance, "recognize" with "recognise", "labor" with
"labour",
"programme" (Eng) with "program" (Aus), etc. In Xy3+ we could
take the author's article on disk, convert to XyW, then run the
speller on it and XyW would change the "misspelled" words
automatically, and almost instantly. With Xy4 and XyWin it seems
only possible to change the words *as you type*, making the
speller useless for doing the sort of corrections we require on
an already complete manuscript. Have I missed something here?
All help and advice appreciated.

Best,
John Gordon

J.L. Gordon