Re: RE Switches with TYP

** Reply to message from "Patricia M. Godfrey"  on Fri, 25
May 2007 16:31:36 -0400

Patricia:

Syntax for TYP (per U2 Help):

TYP [d:\path]filename][,,page_ranges[,o|e|p]]

If you want all Odd pages to print:

TYP ,,,o

TYP ,,0 means "print zero pages". You asked for it, and you got it: a blank
page.

TYP ,,1 should NOT print all pages! It should print page 1, only. On my
system, that's what it does (after all, it is just the native TYF command, so
of course it works properly; if it doesn't work for you, then there might be
something screwed up in your standard printer setup). If indeed you get more
than page 1, then you might want to examine FO.PS (in Editor's directory).

Checklist:
---------
standard PS fonts installed in Ghostscript
KMD.EXE in DOS Path
valid PP: stanza in SETTINGS.DFL
correct current PRiNter file (e.g. POSTGHST.PRN), selected
 with SETP command (double check with "VA/NV $PR")
correct XyWWWeb.REG values for:
 Ghostscript_EXE_Win32=
 GsPrnDev=
 WinPrinter= [optional -- see HELP TYP]

> PATH=C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND;C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM;D:\XYW4DOS;C:\GS\GS8.53\BIN;C:\GS\GS8.53\LIB;C:\GS\GHOSTGUM\GSVIEW;C:\GS\GHOSTGUM\PSTOTEXT;
> KMD.EXE is in c:\windows.
> Hmm. Should I have Backslashes after the various subdirs?

No.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx