Virtualization questions

Here are some baby questions.
I've had to return my Win 8 loaner so I don't have to worry about that anymore. I never did get XyWrite working on it, although I did get Mountain Lion working through VirtualBox.
So I'm back to Win 7-64, with XyWrite running happily in VPC as a
'standalone'.
Meanwhile, I saved my VirtualBox virtual machines and installed
Virtual Box on the Win7-64 machine, hoping to be able to run them
alongside VPC.
I learned that you cannot have two entirely separate virtualization
systems running at the same time.
So my next question is, what's the easiest way, or is there any way,
to integrate the virtual machines I have. I would like to run XP (for
XyWrite only and preferably 'standalone' XyWrite) and be able to dip
into Mountain Lion whenever I feel the need. Can I use VPC to run the
Mac image from Virtual Box or can I use VirtualBox to run the VPC XP
image? Or is there some other way of doing this?

Another couple of questions I have are, under my existing Virtual XP,
(a) how seriously do I have to take the antivirus warnings and what should I install, if I have to install anything? and
(b) is there any way I can turn off internet access in the XP virtual
machine (since I don't need it) so that I wouldn't have to worry
about security issues?

Many thanks ! - - B