Funny page lengths

Just in the past few weeks, my XyWin has developed an irritating new glitch.
Even though my file may contain the strings ≪FD11IN≫ and ≪PW8.5IN≫ near the
beginning, if I go into WYSIWYG display after booting up I get curious results
like a page 27 inches long ... or 5.5 inches long. On checking the Format/
Page Size menus, I find that A4 or B5 has been "checked" as the default page
size.

Is this just a corrupted EDITOR.EXE? Or is there something wrong with my
printer driver? (This glitch *may* have started to occur at the same time as my
acquiring a new H-P LaserJet 5L. And it may, or may not, be confined to cases
where the 5L is checked as the default printer; I also use a bargain-basement
alternative driver called Zenographics LaserJet SuperDriver, and I don't know if
this page-size problem is also occurring when that driver is loaded.) If it
*is* a depraved EDITOR.EXE, how do I go about getting a replacement?

						Eric Van Tassel