Re: xydos files in rtf and wordpad

Arthur Steinberg:

>there has been an interesting discussion of tim's program
>for moving xydos files to wordpad and back.

There has indeed. I took WordPad to be shorthand for "WordPad or some
other Windows editor/WP". However, I'm now starting to wonder if some
people here really believe that XyQuest, the Tech Group and Microsoft are
the only writers of such software.

I don't use WordPad and amn't even sure of what it is. (NotePad Plus?)

>or do i need to use a later version of the dreaded ms word
>for that, or some other more sophisticated wordprocessor?

AbiWord and WordWright are two freeware word processors that aren't too
big; there are links to both at
http://www.freewarehome.com/business/wordproc.html . There's also
StarOffice, but it's enormous. Notetab, Prolix and EmEdit (or EmEditor?)
are three pretty good -to-excellent freeware text editors; I'm sure at
least one of these can do you page numbers.
Peter Evans