Re: Search engine archive

A few days ago someone mentioned having files on 5.25-inch disks.
Assuming the disks are still readable (and I've been going crazy with
not-that-old 3-inch floppies that keep coming up with bad sectors), I
have a PC with a 5-inch drive in it. I also have a couple of 5" drives
lying about, and would be glad to send one to anyone who wants to get
that data off (I'd actually prefer that to trying to read the data off
the floppies myself, a tedious and time-consuming task). You'd have to be
"comfortable" opening the case and installing a drive; check the floppy
cable, as 5-inch drives generally used a different connector (flat edge
connector, not multipin socket) to the cable. I have some cables too, but
the socket on the MOBO is often in such an awkward spot that you mightn't
want to swap cables as well. Also make sure the BIOS supports 5-inch
floppies.
Patricia