xyWin customization guide?

:   The [ ... ] customization guide [ ... ] :   was not provided
among the documentation :  that came with xywin (at least with my
order). --Allan Needell

:   What Customization Guide???? --Chet Gottfried

And to think that I've considered *buying* xyWin!!! What *is*
TTG? I imagine a dialog something like this, which is
of the way TTG does business:

   "How can we get rid of those persistent version 3
loyalists?"
   "Easy. No new drivers and we'll charge for tech support."
   "Cool! But how can we keep them from upgrading from 3 to 4?"

   "Well, we're pretty much homefree now with xyDos. But xyWin
in still a problem. ... Hmmm. They like to customize xyWrite,
right? That halfbaked xyDos customization manual didn't seem to
discourage them even though we gave them next to no help porting
from version 3. So we won't document how to customize xyWin at
all!"
   "Isn't that going too far? Won't they all just return it?"
   "So what if they do? But most of them are hooked on xyWrite.
And of course we'll leave bugs in the upgrades."
   "But they'll call us. As horrible as we've made our
voicemail, they just keep calling. We could retire on what they
pay the phone company for long distance calls to us. What can we
do about the ones who *still* call voicemail or the--waddaya call
it--that bulletin board thingie?"
   "Well, I don't know anymore than you do about the Internet,
but this junior high kid down the block told me that xyWrite
users have figured out some way to use it to get in touch with
each other. I'll ask if he can show me some way we can send the
jokers who still call us to the Internet."
   "Something like CB radio? You know me when it comes to
anything technical. I don't get it, but I guess the kid will. As
long as it turns off customers it's gotta be good."

========================== annie fisher  nyc