Re: Still need help with installing XyWrite on XP!

** Reply to message from Jimsulski@xxxxxxxx on Thu, 29 Sep 2005 01:23:40 EDT

> Click on the icon or start from the RUN command and nothing happens. It is
> as if the program doesn't exist.

Jim, a lot of people have had this experience. Nobody has been able to run it
to ground yet. I have Win2000 machines that don't work and XP machines that
do. Haven't figured it out (but haven't really spent any time on it either).

In any case, the solution -- a much better solution -- is NotaBene. It's
basically a modern, debugged XyWin. You can run NB the way the folks who wrote
it set it up for you at installation time; or you can dump all their add-ons
and other "stuff" and just run it like XyWrite (which is what I do). It works
well. All your XyWin files will be usable without any (or with minor)
alternation.

Good luck.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx