footnote superscripts

Dear Carl
I hesitate (at least briefly) to add yet more complexity to the vDos-lfnXY colour configuration but I wonder if it is possible for XY4 to distinguish between superscripts and footnote numbers/letters in a way that would allow the latter to be assigned a different colour to the standard superscripts?
At the moment I have my superscripts and subscripts showing as green on
a red background (all my text is green on black). That works perfectly
well in allowing me to spot footnotes easily. However it would be more
elegant to have normal superscripts and subscripts in the same colour
the other text styles.
If this is impossible, or causes too much complexity elsewhere, it will
be no hardship to leave things as they are. But I was just wondering ..

Paul