Re: off-topic: key cap came off

Judith,

Don't you have a detachable keyboard? Usually, when a keycap comes off, it
either pops off or it breaks off. If it breaks off, it's not worth fixing.
I just bought a good keyboard at CompUSA for $20.

If you have the old-style keyboard connector, there are converters.

Norman

At 12:20 PM 3/9/03 -0500, Judith Davidsen wrote:

>I'm using a Dell Inspiron 3200, and a key cap just came off.
>Does anyone in NYC know of a repair person who can get the
>key cap back on fairly quickly?
>
>It's an old machine, due for replacement but not quite yet.
>
>thanks for any help
>
>Judith Da idsen (it's the key between U and W, critical for
>copying between programs as well as for signing my own name)

Norman Bauman
411 W. 54 St. Apt. 2D
New York, NY 10019
(212) 977-3223