Re: Still need help with installing XyWrite on XP!

> If you are talking about having a separate,
> independent DOS boot (which requires DOS to own a
> Primary partition C: ), I was always a proponent of
> that, even though it can be a hassle if you haven't
> set things up that way from Day 1.

No, it's a DOS emulator (I think) that sits in my batch icons with all the
rest. I can't flip from one to the other, but if I quit XyWrite, I'm in Windows
and can do anything I want there.

The big deal for me is that I can take a file off my 486 when I travel, work on
it, then put it back on without any problems. Even working in Wordpad, which
was my alternative before, I would lose formatting in both directions. A minor
hassle, but still a hassle.

Anyway, I like writing in XyWrite. It's my zone!

Re XTree Pro, I think it's set up to work only in the DOS emulator, so it only
works on my XyWrite files. On my 486 it works fine for the whole computer
because there's little else there but XyWrite, and what there is is going to be
swept away soon.

I've passed on the info about the updated alternative. Thanks!

Jo