RE: Logon

At 03:40 PM 1/23/01 +0000, Carl Distefano wrote:
>As for Rene's suggestion of just ignorning LOGON, it's
>never worked for me either. I wonder, therefore, why it
>works for him. Rene: when you command VA/NV NL, what
>directory is specified? Is there a .LOG file in that
>directory?

I get a "d:\x", which is my default attachment directory. I use it as a
sort of clearing desk for mail -- it is the default directory where
incoming mail attachments go, and where I put processed files for clients
before sending them out. At the end of the day, it is always empty, and no,
there is no "log" or any other file there.

I do vaguely remember I had this "logon" problem once, ages ago. But I
*thought* all I did was clean up the startup.int file. Maybe there was
something else to it, but I am sure whatever I did was based on some
suggestion from the very xyexperts here. Strange.

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
-- "Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong." (Oscar
Wilde)