Re: Do we actually need XP support?

Jordan,

Take a look at
http://blogs.vmware.com/workstation/2010/06/bring-your-windows-xp-pc-over-to-your-windows-7-pc-for-free-in-a-few-simple-steps.html

This might be the solution you need -- converting your XP setup to a
virtual machine. It will apparently handle the hardware conflicts,
though it's not clear from the comments at the site if it always works
or if it will result in need to reactivate Win XP. But if the tools are
still free (the info dates to 2010) it would seem worth a try.

There are other sites that discuss other methods, but this one is
tailored for VMware.

Paul Lagasse