RE XPL FUNCTIONS

XY-> I know how hard this must be for you to grasp, Chet, but my response to Dave
 -> Auerbach was not a solicitation of yet more advice from you. Since you did
 -> jump in, by all means, show us your elegant solution, too--*same problem*,
 -> and v4.     --Annie

Apparently we're moving to the okAnnie (or perhaps the ciAnnie)
challenge cup. Any prizes out there?

So what are the rules? Any criticism has to be followed by
complete program examples in versions 3+ and 4? Why not 3+, 4 and
Xywin while you're at it?

Tell you what, I'll provide an "elegant solution" if you follow
your own advice. I posted my solution to the loss of function
SD in Xy 4, and you called it various ill names. What is your
elegant solution to function SD without resorting to the DLG?

However, the whole idea that a person cannot criticize without a
solution is sheer foolishness. To follow that logic would imply
that if a person didn't like War & Peace, he'd have to write a
novel about the Napoleonic wars before uttering a word.
If a person doesn't like a GUI interface, she'd have to program
an alternative.

It would certainly kill conversation. And all because you got
some negative feedback. Big deal.

--Chet
---
 ? SLMR 2.1a ? Art + write + dtp = chet.gottfried@xxxxxxxx