tricking another program with xywrite as if keyboard?

Hi,

I am an old (really old) xywriter, and while I understand XPL reasonably well I am still quite ignorant about computers themselves…and I have just one quick question I was hoping someone could give me the key word for to find in the archives if this has already been done, or help on doing it if it isn’t already archived.

I need to trick Avatar into THINKING (a hopeless goal, of course;) that it is receiving keyboard input….heh heh heh.

Is there a way, running XPL in xywrite, to send text (and keyboard commands) from xywrite into Avatar as if it were keyboard input?

It could either be two computers, with one computer (xywrite) outputting into the keyboard port of the second (containing Avatar), or they could both be in one computer, if the same trick can be pulled off internally.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Best Regards,

Charles