Re: Change Invisibles: migrating from Xy 3.55 to 4.017

Reply to note from Nathan Sivin  Sat, 11 Mar
2000 09:16:16 -0500

-> I have had occasional problems with using BX instead of BC, but
-> I haven't documented them. Doesn't happen often. I'll report
-> the next one I find.

The only problem I've had with BX is also rare and involves the DIR
command. I've never seen a problem with SEarch or CHange. As far
as I know, Robert and I have never had a problem with any XyWWWeb
routine that uses BX. There are scores of them, including our core
utilities, RELABEL and RENUMBER, which carry out fiendishly complex
search and replace operations on XPL code and have performed
flawlessly for years.

I'm anxious to document problems with BX, as it's critical to so
much v4+ XPL. Reports -- with as much supporting detail as possible
-- will be gratefully received.

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/