Re: Change Invisibles: migrating from Xy 3.55 to 4.017

Carl Distefano wrote:

> I'm anxious to document problems with BX, as it's critical to so
> much v4+ XPL. Reports -- with as much supporting detail as possible
> -- will be gratefully received.

Carl, here's an interesting case. This is in 4.018. Gateway Pentium III
running Windows 98, entering XyWrite from a desktop shortcut icon:

: Let us say you want to search for the italicized Jack in the example
below:

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

If you write your pgm using the ctrl < and > characters (here
represented by a single angle bracket):

BX se /Jack/Q2

All is well.

But if you are in the habit (as I am, for the sake of less visual
confusion when in normal mode) of using the ascii characters 174/175
(here represented by a double angle bracket):

BX se /≪MDUL≫Jack≪MDNM≫/Q2

You get a "not found" message.

Oh, and thanks for the amplification on the searching for function calls
issue.

--
Leslie Bialler
Columbia University Press