Re: DOS Windos vs. Full screen, ...and Fonts

At 12/19/2004 09:46 AM -0400, M.W. Poirier wrote:
 Unless I am completely mistaken about the meaning of "full screen"
 and "DOS window," then I think I am talking about "full screen
 fonts" in file FONTED30, that is to say, _not_ fonts that are seen
 from within a DOS Window while still within Windows9x, and where
 the tool bar at the top of the screen is still visible and active,
 but fonts that are seen after one presses Alt-Enter, and all signs
 of Windows OS disappear from the screen, and one has a virtually
 blank screen, except for the Microsoft logo and the C prompt. This
 latter screen is what I mean by "full screen," and the former is a
 DOS window within Windows9* and XP too, as I understand it.
First, Robert's post [*VGA Full Screen Fonts for XyWrite*]is a blessing.
Indeed, screens and printers are (were) our betes noirs. I want to read
that post again, try some of the fonts and report back. But the above needs
clarification. Microsoft logo and C prompt? What OS are you using? Full
screen is just that -- full, nothing, no logo, no header, no task bar --
just XyDos running as it did in old DOS -- yes?

Michael Norman