But, but Whose?

Some months ago I reported a queer bug that appeared all of
a sudden. In XY 4.017 under Win95, when I print from the
command line ("prn") I get a message "General Failure,"
after which the file prints perfectly. This happens every
time I print from XY. The bug does not appear in XW 4.12.

I recently upgraded from Norton Utilities for Win95 v. 2 to
v. 3, using Uninstaller to control the installation. The
mysterious message stopped. I then ran into a bug that,
using Uninstaller tech support's help, I got rid of by
uninstalling NU3 and reinstalling it *without* Uninstaller's
control. NU works better, but the XY printing bug is back.
How's that for complex interactions?

Cheers,
--
Nathan Sivin