Mac & VPC

Carlo,

I've also made the change to Mac OS X. Are you running xy3 in emulated
_DOS_ in VPC, or are you emulating a _Windows_ environment in VPC? I'm
emulating DOS only in DosBox and iEmulator, with very spotty results, so
I may end up going with the VPC, too. I'm running a box-standard xy3+,
so I am encouraged by your results. I'm keen to hear more.

A problem common to DosBox and iEmulator is flaky keyboard results,
particularly affecting the F1-F12 function keys. Mac does not reliably
release them to xy, and I found that I had to redefine those functions
to other keys in the kbd file. There is a function in the Mac OS X
system preferences>keyboard settings to force OS X to release the F1-F12
keys to other apps, but even that produced only spotty results.

I find cursor movement flaky, too. It seems the four cursor keys (bottom
right on my G4 keyboard) are: 72, 75, 77, 80; but the commands CU, CL,
CR, CD, respectively, produce unexpected results. CL and CR move the
cursor one step along the text line, as expected, but CU and CD move the
cursor up or down TWO text lines.

Have you noticed any similar peculiarities in VPC? If I can't sort out
the keyboard, I may switch to VPC.

RE the kbd file, have you figured out which keys are: fn, ctrl,
alt/option, and apple (on my PowerBook, those are the first four leys at
the bottom left of the keyboard)? In my original kbd file the following
were defined: CTRL=29,99, ALT=56,98, SHIFT=42,54, CAPS=58,T:C, but I
suspect the apple key is none of the above. And, finally, what, please,
does T:C stand for after CAPS=58,?

Regards,