re TTG ... replies cautiously

In email to Dick Williams, reposted to the xylist, Kevin Duval of
TTG Tech
Support wrote:

:   The message on the phone machine may be a little :  confusing
. It is a little bulky to say that :   "We can be reached through
the list server at ... " :  We will change the message.

"the list server" continues to imply a TTG-operated service. Dan
Kanagy suggested a more graceful, accurate, and straightforward
change:

   "Contact fellow XyWrite users on the Internet at ..."

But, hey, TTG reads all messages posted here, so it knew that.
Kevin also wrote:

:   There has been some discussion as to Tech :  Support's role
in this forum. Basically, we :   will answer questions posted
directly to our :   attention and will advise on other issues when
:   we feel it is necessary. We will also post product : updates
and other information on this service.

This seems to be a partial adaptation of boilerplate intended for
other purposes and to apply to the CIS forum. Or does it? It only
compounds the confusion.   --annie

========================== annie fisher  nyc