Wary of attachments -- mea culpa

It seems that some of us haven't de-activated the option (offered by MS
Outlook? by other e-mail programs?) of appending unnecessary Attachments
comprising a "business card" or a duplicate (HTML) copy of the present
one's e-mail, or both.

The attachment I sent a day or two back -- appended to a request for inf.
on Eudora -- was apparently such a duplicate. I heartily share our
colleagues' wariness where Attachments are concerned, and I accept their
censure on this occasion. I didn't know that I _had_ sent an Attachment
until several colleagues asked me to tell them what I had sent before they
ran the risk of opening it.

Apparently, I generated the guilty posting by using my mail program's
"Forward to ..." option. (So far as I can tell, "Forward to ..." seems to
be the only way in which CompuServe's system allows me to quote all or some
of an incoming message in the course of my reply.) However, when thus
"Forward"ing an incoming e-mail to this group, I (reprehensibly) didn't
notice that I was also "Forward"ing the attachment with it.

Cheers
Eric Van Tassel

e-mail: EricVT@xxxxxxxx