Re: Conversion filters

I have tried the conversion filters in both WordPro and the word processor in StarOffice.  Unlike WordPort, neither the WordPro nor the Star filters could handle a section or paragraph symbol; a section symbol followed by a forced space (Ctrl-space in standard X keyboard) and the number 83 was converted by Star as _2083.  For converting final drafts of XY3+ legal materials, I will stick with WordPort, even though it wants MDRV, not MDBR, for italics.

Fred
----- Original Message -----
From: J. R. Fox
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2002 4:39 PM
Subject: Re: Conversion filters

As part of my eCS package, I got the full StarOffice suite (very large !) and the
Lotus ofc. suite that includes WordPro.  Both of those are supposed to have
heavy-duty conversion filters.  I did install the latter in eCS, but skipped over
StarOffice for the time being.  At some point I'll get around to running some
comparative conversion tests . . .  probably when I have something of sufficient
importance to convert.

Jordan