Re: LFN Utilities for Win32

Robert Holmgren wrote:
** Reply to message from "Martin J. Osborne" <osborne@xxxxxxxx> on
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:07:31 -0500

I use XyWrite to edit files on a linux server, using a Samba
connection.  All the LFN utilities work fine.

That's great!  That's especially interesting to hear, because I was wondering
whether the Linux file system would store LFNs in a manner that also preserves
a second (8.3) SFN and that is compatible with, or understood by, Win32.  So
you're CAlling and editing files that reside on a Linux server?
    Yes, that's right.  CAll, NEw, LFN, and DIRLFN, all work properly.
How do you map
the server to your Windows machine, using driveletter(s)?
    Yes---it's a drive, so I don't have the problems you describe with UNC filenames.
--
Martin J. Osborne
Department of Economics

martin.osborne@xxxxxxxx