Re: Mac Migration

The current vDosMac version doesn't use vDosPlus, so it won't work with XyWrite. So
I've uploaded a vDosPlus version here:

http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/vDosMac-vDosPlus.zip

Jon P said in an earlier message about this system: 'after installing it, on first run I got
a screen with a very long/convoluted/confused path I was supposed to edit or accept.'

I believe this is not the case, at least it isn't when I run it. The message is merely a list
of drive letters and folder names. It tells you which drive letters in vDosPlus correspond to
specific folders on your Mac. You don't have to accept it or edit it or do anything else with
it. In fact, it doesn't ask you to anything at all. You needn't even look at it if you
don't want to, but it provides essential information for locating, because your Mac
doesn't use drive letters, and the list tells you which drive letters in vDosPllus lead to
folders that you can easily find on your Mac.

Also, this matters only to me, but my name is spelled the way it appears in the header of this
message. Of course, if someone insists on spelling it some other way (with an 'h' for
example, or using two letters, not six, for the first name), I won't argue with their
preference. "Anything for a quiet life" is a useful motto.