Re: OT: Win-10 Updates

Dear Jordan
It is possible to take back control of updates completely in Win 10 if you want. I listed a couple of ways in an earlier post which I have copied below.
"Further research has yielded several programs that aim to control
windows updates in Windows 10 (and 7).  The most interesting appear to
be Windows Update Mini Tool (WUMT) and Windows Update Manager (WUMGR)
which take over from Windows Update, allowing choice about which updates
to accept and which to reject.  WUMT is no longer updated but appears to
function still.  WUMGR is still maintained.  Further control can be
taken with a script called Sledgehammer:

https://www.ghacks.net/2019/04/28/control-windows-updates-with-sledgehammer-formerly-wumt-wrapper-script/
This will switch off Windows Updates except when they are wanted. It also carries out a few other changes to prevent Windows 10 switching them back on. There is also a little utility called Windows Update Blocker (WUB) which offers a simple way of enabling and disabling the Windows Update Service."
I have tried them all and all seem to work.  You probably want to
research what Sledgehammer does before running as it carries out several
background changes.  If you use either WUMT or WUMGR you can easily
postpone updates until you are sure of their content and effect.

Paul